Who We Are
Savenia is an award winning information services company based in Bethesda, Maryland. Since 2009, Savenia has launched numerous first in the world energy and environmental impact ratings on appliances, electronics, solar systems and efficient homes. Savenia ratings have been used by millions of consumers across the US in retail, enterprise and real estate to help individuals and businesses make more informed purchasing decisions. Recognized with awards from the US Department of Energy, B Lab and the State of Maryland, Savenia is leading the way in revolutionizing the information people use to assess product efficiency, value, and environmental impact.
2015 DOE SunShot Catalyst Prototype Winner
2015 ‘Best For Environment’ B Lab
2014 DOE SunShot Catalyst Innovation Winner
2013 State of Maryland Incubator Company of the Year
2013 Maryland Clean Energy Entrepreneur of the Year
- The DOE SunShot Catalyst is an open innovation program that aims to catalyze the rapid creation and development of products and solutions that address near-term challenges in the U.S. solar marketplace. Savenia has won 2 DOE SunShot Catalyst awards for our innovative solar system ratings.
- The NREL (National Renewal Energy Laboratories) Commercialization Assistance Program (NCAP) program helps emerging companies overcome technical barriers to commercializing clean energy technology. Savenia was accepted into the NCAP program for the solar technology project titled ‘Validation of PV Lease / PPA Valuation for Catalyst Awardee’.
- B Corporations are a new kind of company which uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. Unlike traditional corporations, Certified B Corporations are legally required to consider the impact of their decisions on their employees, suppliers, community, consumers, and environment. Savenia Labs has been certified as a (B) Benefit Corporation in line with our mission and public activities.
- The EPA Green Power Partnership is a voluntary program that supports the organizational procurement of green power by offering expert advice, technical support, tools and resources. Savenia Labs is a member of EPA’s Green Power Partners program, purchasing 100% of our electricity from wind power sources.
- The EPA ENERGY STAR Small Business Network provides businesses in the network with free, unbiased information and technical support from ENERGY STAR. Savenia Labs is a member of the EPA ENERGY STAR Small Business Network and we buy ENERGY STAR products in our facilities where available.
- The University of Maryland Center for Advanced Life Cycle Engineering (CALCE) is the largest electronic products and systems research center focused on electronics reliability in the world. Savenia Labs partners with CALCE to conduct lab-testing procedures for Savenia Labs rated appliances.
- Savenia Labs is committed to minimizing its environmental footprint. Savenia Labs purchases 100% wind power, and works with TerraPass to calculate and offset its carbon footprint by investing in US based carbon-offset projects.
- The Maryland Green Registry is a free, voluntary program offering tips and resources to help organizations set and meet their own goals on the path to sustainability. Savenia Labs was accepted as a member of the Maryland Green Registry through our public demonstration of a strong, proactive approach to environmental management.
- Bethesda Green brings business, government and community together through programs and services to promote a healthy economy and sustainable living practices in order to reduce our collective impact on the environment. Savenia Labs was a founding member of the business incubator and continues to support Bethesda Green efforts in the region.
- The Reznick Group is a top 20 national accounting, tax and business advisory firm based in Bethesda, Maryland. Savenia Labs works with Reznick Group to audit our energy ratings process to ensure all products of a similar category are evaluated equally with no manufacturer bias. This audit report is available on our website.
- ClimateCounts is a collaborative effort to bring consumers and companies together in the fight against global climate change. ClimateCounts scores the world’s largest companies on their climate impact to spur corporate climate responsibility and conscious consumption. Savenia Labs uses ClimateCounts.org’s scoring system to evaluate climate activities of the manufacturers of products we test.
- Silver Spring Green is a new and exciting nonprofit organization that brings together businesses, civic organizations, residents and government to enhance our environment, economy and shared sense of community. Savenia Labs is a Steering Committee member company with focus on interface with the business community.